FULL & PART-TIME MICROTRANSIT (NON-CDL) BUS OPERATOR
The District is the region’s public transportation provider with a strong public service ethic. We are looking for a dependable, safety-focused and hard-working individual who enjoys making a difference, a quick learner who can take the initiative and someone who enjoys being part of a small team that takes pride in their service to the community and establish a new “microtransit” service in New London.
- Operate small “cut-a-way” transit buses and wheelchair lifts/ramps.
- For passengers with disabilities: must have the have the ability to provide assistance with securing wheelchair; provide assistance with boarding and exiting; provide guidance as needed.
- Receives and transmits communications over a two-way radio and mobile data terminal (MDT).
- 高中文凭/ GED。
- At least 21 years old, valid Operator’s License with ability to obtain “F” (Public Passenger) endorsement.
- Ability to work until 8:30 PM and Saturdays; no more than 30 hours/week; maximum hours per day to not exceed CT Hours of Service.
- Ability to pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment testing meeting the physical requirements of the position.
$17.25/Hour to start; Excellent F/T benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 457k and an EAP program. PT benefits include paid holidays, 457k and EAP program. This is a 6 month “pilot” program, and if the program becomes permanent, current P/T operators will be favorably considered for promotion to Full-Time with benefits.
Applications accepted until positions filled.
SEAT是EEO / AA雇主