We also offer a 4 Hour (Consecutive) Zip Unlimited Ride Pass, only sold on bus and online at this time.
Period Passes purchased from SEAT are not active until used on a SEAT bus. They can only be used on SEAT Bus, and are not accepted on ADA Paratransit, HOP or Smart Ride services.
To activate your Period Pass, insert it into the TRIM unit (color side facing you, with notch at top). The fare box will then activate the pass, and time stamp the expiration date on the back of the pass, and return it to you. You’re now good to go.
When using an activated (time-stamped) period pass again, simply swipe the pass on the swipe reader on the top of the fare box (white side facing you, magnetic strip on bottom, swiping right to left (or front of box to back of box). The fare box will “chirp” and record the use, and you’re good to go!
Please note the following:
Multi-Day passes are valid for CONSECUTIVE DAYS, starting with the date the pass is activated. For example, if you have a 5 Day Pass, and activate it on the 1st, it will expire on 5th at 11:59 PM.
- Passes are NON-TRANSFERABLE. You cannot pass it back to another person for an additional boarding. The fare box will “warble” and the second person will need to pay the fare by another means.
- Passes have NO CASH VALUE and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Lost, stolen or passes that cannot be read cannot be replaced.
- Expired passes will not be accepted for fare payment.
- Passes that cannot be read by the fare box or the operator, will not be accepted as fare payment.
- Therefore, please treat your pass carefully! It will not survive a trip through the washing machine! Do not bend, fold or otherwise mutilate your pass. Please see the bullet points above!