Be on the Alert for Suspicious Behavior and Packages.
PLEASE REMAIN IN PLACE AND HOLD ON WHILE THE BUS IS IN MOTION.
ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR SUDDEN STOPS.
PERMANEZEA EN SU LUGAR Y ESPERE MIENTRAS EL AUTOBUS ESTE EN MOVIMIENTO.
ESTE SIEMPRE PREPARADO PARA PARADAS REPENTINAS.
- Loitering or tampering with unattended bus
- Visible signs of nervousness
- Excessive sweating
- Spray bottles or aerosol canisters
- Inappropriate clothing that is excessively baggy or too heavy in warm weather
- Placement in and out-of-the-way location
- Individuals in the act of abandoning a package and hastily departing the area
- Unusual attached batteries, wires, tanks, bottles or bags that might contain chemicals
To Report Suspicious Activity or Packages
- Alert your bus driver
- If you are not on a bus, call (860) 886 – 8631 and provide as much detail as possible, i.e., exact location and bus number
- If it is an emergency, call 911.
Be Informed and Have a Transit Plan of Action
- Remain calm and follow the bus operator’s instructions
- Assist fellow passengers and follow the Golden Rule: “Watch out for the safety of others as you would have them watch out for your safety.”
- If you are injured or need special assistance, notify the bus operator for help.
- Create an advance plan for maintaining contact with family members if separated as a result of an emergency
- Create an advanced plan for maintaining contact with close friends and colleagues during an extended emergency period
- Record contact and emergency information. Keep it up to date and with you at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with other bus routes that can get you to your destination or meeting point in the event your main route is impassable
- Familiarize yourself with all emergency instructions on the bus